Working with Timesheets
- What do I need to do before my employees begin entering time?
- Once you've signed up, you're up and running 3 easy steps:
- I don't see any of my employees or customers
- You need to synchronize your QuickBooks company data with Minute7. Learn how to do this.
- Why are some time entry rows colored red, and what are "approved" and "disapproved" time entries?
- If a time entry is red it has been disapproved by a manager and the time will not be exported to QuickBooks.
Managers can approve and disapprove time when previewing time entries in the search and week views.
A time entry that is currently approved can be marked disapproved by clicking the 'flag' icon to the right of it: .
A time entry that is currently disapproved can be marked approved by clicking the circle icon to the right of it: .
Time entries can also be set to be either approved or disapproved by default by going to your account settings page and setting the option that says Time entries are marked 'Approved' by default to either 'Yes' or 'No'.
Time entries that are not approved will never be exported to QuickBooks, so they must be re-approved by a manager before they will sync to your QuickBooks company file.
- How can I enter billable and unbillable time?
- By default, all time entries in Minute7 are billable and will appear as billable in QuickBooks.
However, if you want to be able to mark some time entries as not billable, or want time entries to be marked unbillable by default, you can go to your
account settings page and change the option that says Allow users to set the billable status of time entries to 'Yes'.
Setting this option to 'Yes' will cause a new icon to appear on the right side of all time entries in your week view and search view that will allow you to mark each time entry as either billable or unbillable. If the entry is currently billable, the icon will appear as a check mark: . Clicking it will make the entry unbillable and change the icon to a circle with a slash: .
If you have set your account to allow users to set the billable status of time entries, you will also see a second option on your account settings page: Time entries are marked 'Billable' by default. Using this option (which defaults to 'Yes') you can change whether time entries will be marked billable or not after they are created.
Billable and unbillable time entries are all exported to QuickBooks (with their billable status). If you want to prevent the export of certain entries, you can use Minute7's capacity to 'Approve' and 'Disapprove' time entries, discussed above.
- How can I assign QuickBooks classes to my time entries?
- If you use classes in QuickBooks, Minute7 will automatically upload your list of classes when you sync.
If you would like to allow your employees and vendors to assign QuickBooks classes to the time entries they create, you can go to your
account settings page and change the option that says Allow users to assign QuickBooks classes to time entries to 'Yes'.
Setting this option to 'Yes' will cause a new drop-down list with your company's class choices to appear in the time entry form on your timesheets. If a time entry has a class assigned to it, the class name will appear in the third row of the "Customer:Job, Service, Class" field.
The classes assigned to time entries are exported to QuickBooks, and can be viewed and edited from within QuickBooks after export.
Step 1: Right click on the IE window with your timesheets open.
Step 2: Click "Yes" in the dialog box that opens.
Step 3: Double-click on the icon that IE puts on your desktop titled "Minute 7 - Timesheets" to go to your timesheets.