- QuickBooks Web Connector gives me the error 'QuickBooks is having trouble finding payroll information for one of your employees who has "Use time data to create paychecks" enabled'.
- If you have received this error message, QuickBooks is having trouble adding the time entries from Minute7 because your employees are set to "Use time data for paychecks", but some necessary data is missing.
If you use time data to create paychecks for employees in QuickBooks, you must make sure to that QuickBooks knows to allow Minute7 access to payroll data.
You can set this permission during the application adding process (as explained in the setup instructions), but if you have already setup the syncing process,
the following steps will set the appropriate permission in QuickBooks:
These steps will allow QuickBooks and Minute7 to access the necessary data to sync your payroll information.
- In the top menubar of QuickBooks, go to "Edit", then "Preferences...". The QuickBooks preference window will open up.
- In the left-hand column, choose "Integrated Applications" and select the "Company Preferences" tab.
- In the list of applications on that tab, select "Minute7" and click the "Properties..." button. This will open up a window detailing the settings QuickBooks has stored for Minute7.
- Check the box that says "Allow this application to access Social Security Numbers, customer credit card information, and other personal data" (see Figure 1).
Minute7 will never store sensitive data like social security numbers or customer credit card numbers, but QuickBooks requires that this access be in place if you have configured QuickBooks
to manage payroll for your employees.
- Close and reopen QuickBooks and the Web Connector (if it is open).
Note: For each employee with "Use time data to create paychecks" enabled, make sure you have an Earnings- Item Name and Rate entered (for example, you might have an Earnings Item "Salary" with the rate "25.00").